× Members

Will Warm Home Discount and benefits

More
7 years 7 months ago #168788 by Chrissy
Will Warm Home Discount and benefits was created by Chrissy
A girl who lives near me, same postcode, had a DLA lifetime award and got assessed last week.
Every year, because i am on DLA I get a warm home discount from my energy supplier.
As I am on a lifetime DLA award, when my energy supplier contacts the dwp will this trigger my reassessment for PIP eligibility? Really worried, many tthanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168796 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Will Warm Home Discount and benefits
Hi Chrissie,

I would expect this kind of data-gathering to be done by computer rather than manually. Either way, there is no reason for it to trigger your PIP 'invitation'.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissy

More
7 years 7 months ago #168803 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic Will Warm Home Discount and benefits
I was told there's no such thing as a lifetime award, ,it was changed to mean indefinite,
Although my DLA paper says lifetime I was contacted at the end of July while an appeal against disallowance of ESA was going on saying my award was coming to an end, inviting me to apply for PIP.
I don't think I'll qualify for PIP so will lose my WHD ? .

More
7 years 7 months ago #168851 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Will Warm Home Discount and benefits
Thank you for your reply. I have another question please. As the girl who lives near me was on a lifetime award, and the dwp is assessing lifetime awards earlier, starting from July instead of October, does this mean that I could be called any time now, or could it still mean that I may not be called till late 2017.
Many thanks

More
7 years 7 months ago #168853 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Will Warm Home Discount and benefits
Hi Chrissy,

I'm afraid we have no information about when DWP intend to call people to apply for PIP. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason that we can discern!

Roidininki, we don't deal with the Warm Home scheme, you would have to ask your energy supplier whether you would still qualify if not in receipt of DLA or PIP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.