× Members

Nothing in PIP applies to me now

More
7 years 7 months ago #168798 by Roidininki
Nothing in PIP applies to me now was created by Roidininki
Had notification that my DLA was stopping asking me if I wanted to apply for to PIP by 25th August , but nothing in the care or mobility applies to me now , so even tho I qualified for DLA seems like I don't for PIP despite having a severe mental illness, so I've done nothing about it
That means I will lose my Severe Disability Premium paid as part of ESA and my DLA, £500 a month more or less .
Is this fair? Because I AM severely disabled .
Has last DLA been paid then ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168804 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Nothing in PIP applies to me now

Roidininki wrote: Had notification that my DLA was stopping asking me if I wanted to apply for to PIP by 25th August , but nothing in the care or mobility applies to me now , so even tho I qualified for DLA seems like I don't for PIP despite having a severe mental illness, so I've done nothing about it
That means I will lose my Severe Disability Premium paid as part of ESA and my DLA, £500 a month more or less .
Is this fair? Because I AM severely disabled .
Has last DLA been paid then ?

Although the PIP criteria are very different from DLA, PIP still covers the same bodily functions as DLA does, whilst it's not impossible that you do not meet any of the PIP descriptors, are you actually sure that this is the case?

Are you the best person to decide this, surely it would be better for you to make a PIP claim and let the DWP decide, if nothing else your DLA and the SDP will remain in payment until a Decision is made on your claim.

Obviously, if you really do not meet any of the criteria then yes, you will lose this money.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168806 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic Nothing in PIP applies to me now
Is it too late to ask to apply for a PIP pack ?

More
7 years 7 months ago #168807 by Gordon

Roidininki wrote: Is it too late to ask to apply for a PIP pack ?

If the letter referring to the 25 August was the first letter then you should still have a few days left so I would phone tomorrow. If it was the second letter then it is too late, but you can still make a new claim for PIP and if successful it would be backdated to when you make the call.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168808 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic Nothing in PIP applies to me now
Last date I was paid DLA was 20th August .
Next was due tomorrow . So that won't be due to me ?

More
7 years 7 months ago #168809 by Gordon

Roidininki wrote: Last date I was paid DLA was 20th August .
Next was due tomorrow . So that won't be due to me ?

If the letter referring to 25 August was the first letter you received, then your DLA payments would have been suspended on that date and you should have been given a further 28 days to make a claim for PIP, by my calculations this ends on 22 September (Wednesday)

DLA is usually paid 4 weekly in arrears although there can be variations on this so there may still be 5 days of DLA to be paid.

If you have not received a second letter about a PIP claim then you should mention this if there are any issues with you making the claim.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.