× Members

PIP assessment. Medical examiner

• Dorothy Armstrong
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #168958 by Dorothy Armstrong
PIP assessment. Medical examiner was created by Dorothy Armstrong
This may be of interest to some. Not sure if it has been discussed before. I have had PIP application turned down. I am going to appeal. I felt the medical assessment was very superficial & there was virtually no physical examination involved. On reading the medical report many of the statements made by the medical examiner were false. The medical examiner was described as "nurse". I decided to check her registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council. I have discovered that she is a Learning Disabilty nurse with no further qualifications. I am at a loss to know how she is qualified to perform a physical assessment on someone with rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, spinal fusion & calcified shoulder tendons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168961 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment. Medical examiner
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I'm sorry that you are going through this :( Please make good use of our resources to help with your appeal (have you had a Mandatory Reconsideration yet?).

PIP help for claimants

We warn our members not to expect anything that looks like a 'medical' at the face2face appointment. We would not expect there to be anything much in the way of a physical examination.

As to the fact that your assessor was a Learning Disability nurse, the DWP take the stance that all assessors are HealthCare Practitioners who have undertaken training to be disability assessors, no matter what their professional designation.

If you have further questions or comments, at any stage of the process, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too. If you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now, you will be able to find it easily in future :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.