× Members

PIP home assessment

More
7 years 7 months ago #169445 by rabc
PIP home assessment was created by rabc
Hi just felt the need to share this. My wife who is migrating from dla to pip had a home assessment visit arranged between 1200 and 2pm yesterday (27th Sept).
At 1030 am I answered the door to an atos rep who was there to conduct the medical.
My wife was in bed at the time and the atos rep refused to conduct the assessment unless my wife was out of bed and in the livingroom. This took 20 painful minutes to achieve.

I explained the assessment was for 12-2 to be informed that the atos appointment was listed for 1030 on her schedule.

Just thought you should be pre warned in case this is another atos trick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169455 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP home assessment

rabc wrote: Hi just felt the need to share this. My wife who is migrating from dla to pip had a home assessment visit arranged between 1200 and 2pm yesterday (27th Sept).
At 1030 am I answered the door to an atos rep who was there to conduct the medical.
My wife was in bed at the time and the atos rep refused to conduct the assessment unless my wife was out of bed and in the livingroom. This took 20 painful minutes to achieve.

I explained the assessment was for 12-2 to be informed that the atos appointment was listed for 1030 on her schedule.

Just thought you should be pre warned in case this is another atos trick.

It's not unknown for the assessor to turn up early but not 1 1/2 hours early so I think it most likely to be a genuine mix up over the time, you can make a complaint to the Assessment Provider about the early arrival and the requirement for your wife to get out of bed.

ATOS complaints
www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/after_your_Consultation

Capita Complaints
www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.