× Members

ESA, AND PIP

• Stuart swinnerton
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #169456 by Stuart swinnerton
ESA, AND PIP was created by Stuart swinnerton
Can anyone help has ive heard different stories,
when you have an assesment for ESA, and you are told you are fit for work somehow, is the loss of your entiltment to PIP affected aswell or are they has i thought they are 2 different benifits and the loss of ESA while an appeal is to be sort, DOES NOT at all affect the benifit for Care and Motorbility ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #169458 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA, AND PIP
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

As you rightly say, DLA/PIP and ESA are different benefits with very different qualifying criteria. After all, it is entirely possible to get high rate DLA and work full time!

We have never seen a situation where an unfavourable PIP decision has been used to trigger an ESA reassessment (ESA cannot be withdrawn without a reassessment).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.