× Members

PIP assessment

More
7 years 6 months ago #172250 by Merrygirl
PIP assessment was created by Merrygirl
I had a home visit for my PIP assessment yesterday as I had to put in a new claim for my fibromyalgia. I had already been getting PIP for my spinal problems. But when the lady came out she was with me for an hour and half and this time she went through all my medical problems including my chronic sinusitis and how that effects me. Basically she went from my head down to my toes, with all my problems. While I was trying to describe the pain that I am in with each part of my body she understood what I was trying to say. She told me towards the end that she was a nurse and understood me when I was describing the different pains. Also regarding mobility and planning journeys she explained the questions better for me (name said about planning a journey when I go out then she said for example when I go out with my husband to be coming plan the journey as in what shops we are driving to etc. I said not she says to me that we are going to the shopping centre etc) now with 2 previous assessments I was not explained this in this form of wording) I also explained that I have been accepted and have a blue badge and also had OTnout to asses me for a wet room which the OT has put me in for now just have to wait for the means test next week. I did go to a disability drop in centre and a lady there helped in to fill in my last lot of forms, which she did better that what I did in my previous 2 lots of forms. Now I just have the waiting game. I only had to wait 2 weeks to have the decision made for my ESA and was put in the support group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172283 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment
Sam

Glad to hear your assessment was a relatively OK experience.

PIP Decisions are taking about 7-8 weeks at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Merrygirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.