× Members

pip preparing food

More
7 years 5 months ago #172319 by cozie
pip preparing food was created by cozie
hoping someone can help me. am in the middle of appealing pip claim and one thing they have noted in preparing food is that I am able to prepare a meal for one. now this is correct for some days but my question is do they not take into account the fact that I have 4 children? it is not just me to feed but them also.

thank in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #172350 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip preparing food
Hi cozie and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that you are going through this :(

For clarity - are you currently going through the Mandatory Reconsideration process, or has that already been decided?

I'm afraid PIP takes no account of the claimant needing to look after others. The assessment is whether you would, reliably, be able to prepare a simple meal for yourself.

From what you said about being able to prepare a meal for yourself 'on some days', it sounds as if the 'reliably' issue might be relevant to you -

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

I suggest you have a look at out PIP guide to see whether you have explained your limitations in the best way possible.

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about our PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172680 by cozie
Replied by cozie on topic pip preparing food
thanks for the info. i had a feeling this was the case. i have done the mandatory reconsideration. they changed nothing. i have been on dla for 8 years! now all of a sudden they seem to think i am magically cured!lol. oh well appeal time it is.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172700 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip preparing food

cozie wrote: thanks for the info. i had a feeling this was the case. i have done the mandatory reconsideration. they changed nothing. i have been on dla for 8 years! now all of a sudden they seem to think i am magically cured!lol. oh well appeal time it is.

The PIP MR & Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and instructions on how to complete it, you do not need to provide detailed reasons for your request at this stage.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.