× Members

ESA Assessment

More
7 years 6 months ago #172374 by David
ESA Assessment was created by David
Hi All
I'm new to the site, a little about my disability i was involved in a work related accident in 2014 resulting in (Back Injury) employers admitting liability i was on sick leave until May 2016 before my employment was terminated. I applied for (PIP) on November 2015 & was successful getting the Daily living component Standard £55.10 & Mobility component Standard £21.80 until November 2017 & Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit for life.
I applied for (ESA) May 2016 & still waiting to be assessed over 20 weeks now, i'm currently receiving £73.10 a week while waiting for medical assessment.

So my question is would i be put into a work-related activity group or in the support group
automatically without having to attend a medical assessment because i'm already on (PIP) & Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
Thanks in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172397 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Assessment
kevin

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid neither IIDB nor PIP provides any exemption from a face to face assessment and you will only be placed in one of the ESA groups because you meet the associated criteria for that group.

You might want to have a look at our ESA Claim guides to understand the assessment criteria you need to meet. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have any further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.