× Members

Assessment medical support

More
7 years 5 months ago #172375 by Montbel
Assessment medical support was created by Montbel
I am 77 and am helping my son with Schizophrenia. We don't live together. What's going to happen when I'm no longer here? The CAB will help him with forms. He'd never find his way around a site like this one. Is there an orginisation that would provide someone to go with him for medical assessments for benefits.

Montbel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #172395 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Assessment medical support
Hi Montbel,

There is no single specific organisation with any responsibility for this. However, a national or local organisation dealing with the claimant's health condition might be able to help. In your son's case, MIND might be able to help.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Montbel

More
7 years 5 months ago #172508 by Montbel
Replied by Montbel on topic Assessment medical support
OK thank you. I've looked at MIND and I see that they may be able to provide Advocacy, so will contact. In the meantime would like to tell you..........there has been no professsional corrobative evidence for Adam's ESA continuation because no-one knows him. He's slipped through the net. Although he has 4 weekly bloodtests for Clozapine and collects medication fortnightly, he hasn't been seen by a psychiatrist in 3 YEARS to ascertain his on going needs. He needs at least yearly physical examination as he takes Clozapine, a dangerous drug. So no-one has been able to give necessary corrobative evidence to the Assessment Centre. I have been able to defer date of interview from 8th November to 25th. Saw with Adam his GP this afternoon ( who also doesn't know him.) I gave a very detailed list of how he is affected by his illness (as outlined by CAB website) and asked him to send corrobative evidence to the Assessment Centre. I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS. I am desperate enough to pay. How much, I don't know as yet. Was told usually the Centre write to GP, told him, they said they have but was not replield to. It has been stated that nothing was received by the practice - likewise the inadequate report made ny the Mental Health team has not been received by fax to the Centre. So will now need to wait for outcome of GP report. For all you claimaints in likewise position - you need detailed corroborative confirmatkon of how your illness affects you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 5 months ago #172894 by Montbel
Replied by Montbel on topic Assessment medical support
Are Mental Health Teams obliged to provide corroborative evidence for an ESA claim to the Assessnent Centre. They say there has been such a turn over of staff, they are not able to do so. The patient has been their patient 16 year. The claim therefore is left with insufficient supportive evidence.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172933 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment medical support

Montbel wrote: Are Mental Health Teams obliged to provide corroborative evidence for an ESA claim to the Assessnent Centre. They say there has been such a turn over of staff, they are not able to do so. The patient has been their patient 16 year. The claim therefore is left with insufficient supportive evidence.

I'm afraid not. It would be usual for them to write to your GP after each consultation and you can access these at your surgery.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.