× Members

PIP - DWP protocols in cases of threat to life

More
7 years 6 months ago #172380 by BenefitsBod
I forgot to ask this in my previous post.

Where would I find out what, if any, protocols and/or procedures the DWP and/or ATOS are supposed to follow when dealing with a claim / medical assessment etc in cases where a claimant is at risk in the context of suicidal ideation?

Any info much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172404 by Gordon
Kevin

Most of what you want is not directly in the public domain, try a an internet search for "dwp support for vulnerable claimants", this should bring up some relevant content, in particular a RightsNet article the appears to cover PIP telephone communications.

The PIP Assessment guide (in the Members Only area) has a number of references to suicide risk.

You can also make Freedom of Information requests to both the DWP and ATOS.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.