× Members

Health assessment advisory service

More
7 years 5 months ago #172493 by thomas51
Health assessment advisory service was created by thomas51
Hello there,
Today i received app with the above, i am not on EsA ,but carer allowance and low pip also income support.
I rang too ask why i needed too attend ,and was told it was because my national insurance is paid by esa.... could someone please elaborate on this for me!
Thankyou Brenda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172495 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health assessment advisory service

thomas51 wrote: Hello there,
Today i received app with the above, i am not on EsA ,but carer allowance and low pip also income support.
I rang too ask why i needed too attend ,and was told it was because my national insurance is paid by esa.... could someone please elaborate on this for me!
Thankyou Brenda

Have you previously had a claim for ESA? Perhaps with payments stopped either to much income or savings or because you were in the WRAG for more then 365 days?

If this is the case then you continue to be considered as having Limited Capability for Work and as a consequence receive NI Credits. the assessment is to confirm that you still have LCW.

Of course, if you have never claimed ESA or your payments stopped for some other reason then you need to contact the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172501 by thomas51
Replied by thomas51 on topic Health assessment advisory service
Gordon,
during the time between the tribunal for my son, we had no income,so i was advised to claim esa , this claim expired in august after my carer allowance was reinstated along with my sons pip
BRENDA

More
7 years 5 months ago #172503 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic Health assessment advisory service
Thomas

according to CPAG handbook ,receipt of Carers Allowance will give you National Insurance Credits and, also from CPAG these can be used to qualify for Contributory Benefits. the ESA credits only count if you had sufficient NI contributions prior to claiming ESA.

Maybe worthwhile checking you are being credited with NI credits for the Carers Allowance.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172506 by thomas51
Replied by thomas51 on topic Health assessment advisory service
just spoken too them again and was told it is because pip dont pay my nia????
i am so confused!!
Brenda

More
7 years 5 months ago #172515 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health assessment advisory service

thomas51 wrote: Gordon,
during the time between the tribunal for my son, we had no income,so i was advised to claim esa , this claim expired in august after my carer allowance was reinstated along with my sons pip
BRENDA

You say the claim "expired", did you close it?

It's likely it is this claim that has resulted in the assessment appointment.

As you are receiving CA , this is providing you with NI Credits so you do not need to be paid any from ESA, however, you must close the ESA claim, if you leave it to lapse by not attending then you may find you have problems if for any reason you need to re-claim ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.