× Members

going through the appeal stage

More
7 years 5 months ago #172546 by doreen whitter
going through the appeal stage was created by doreen whitter
i was so stress that i was reconsidering not to do it , i am 61yrs and want to go back to college , i have on going medical conditions , but i feel that keeping my mind positive will help through the next stage , what information do i need to submit to the appeal stage , as i had to wait nearly 2months for the decision , which was mislaid by the dap and landed up that i had to chase them and the job centre for the results, feel that my information was not all taken in to account , please advise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #172573 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic going through the appeal stage
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I'm sorry you are going through this :(

You don't say which benefit is involved but the process is the same.

Have you been through the Mandatory Reconsideration already? If not, this must be your first step if you want to get the decision changed. You have 1 month from the date of the decision letter to get your request for this submitted.

If you have already had the MR decision you now have 1 month to submit your appeal to the Tribunal Service.

The criteria under which you are being assessed and the MR/appeal process is explained fully in our guides

PIP help for claimants

ESA claims and appeals

Have a good look at the appropriate guide and then come back with questions.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions about your appeal without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.