× Members

DWP ADVISORS

More
7 years 5 months ago #172571 by JJ
DWP ADVISORS was created by JJ
Hi Guys

I had just received the first part of the PIP's form when I received the phone call to go through the questions.

I answered the questioned but told the Adsivor that I had just completed an ESA50 however, due to my disability/illness I had to request TWO extensions. The next I knew she had booked a DWP Advisor to come out and "help me fill out the form".

At present my depression and fibromyalagia is off the charts, my elderly Mum has fallen 3 times in the last 10 days and is in hospital as I write this. Yesterday I was taking a nap and this "DWP Advisor" rang my Husband told her this and asked if he could take a message or if I could call her back but she insisted he woke me up. She told me I had to fill in the first part of the form and she would be out to see me on the 08/11/2016.

After 'waking-up' I realised this was only 6 days and considering her manner I am in two minds wether it is a good idea.

Do these Advisor's come out to help the claimant benefit or do they complete the forms to benefit the DWP?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

JJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172600 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP ADVISORS
JJ

We have only seen this service used a couple of time by members and have not had any substantial feedback on how it went.

All I can say is that the claim is yours, if you don't like what has been written then you are entitled to correct it or provide additional information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JJ

More
7 years 5 months ago #172626 by JJ
Replied by JJ on topic DWP ADVISORS
Hi Gordon

Thank you for your reply however, does the 'Advisor' not take your form away with them on the day?

JJ

More
7 years 5 months ago #172648 by Gordon

JJ wrote: Hi Gordon

Thank you for your reply however, does the 'Advisor' not take your form away with them on the day?

JJ

They shouldn't and if they offer you should not allow them to, you need to check the form to make sure that you are happy with what has been said and you need to make a copy of the form before it is sent off, we recommend that you send the form using a tracked post so that you have proof of delivery.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172832 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic DWP ADVISORS
JJ

All this sounds very strange and if it did happen YOU SHOULD NOT SIGN THE FORM or leave any gaps on spaces that are blank, where something could be written in when you are not there. ONCE YOU SIGN your saying you agree.

I agree with Gordon this is not a good idea and you should change it saying you will fill it in yourself, because you are entitled to. If they put words into your mouth even if they are friendly to you, could make it hard to get your claim passed

Good Luck

More
7 years 5 months ago #172846 by Gordon

Cipolar wrote: JJ

All this sounds very strange and if it did happen YOU SHOULD NOT SIGN THE FORM or leave any gaps on spaces that are blank, where something could be written in when you are not there. ONCE YOU SIGN your saying you agree.

I agree with Gordon this is not a good idea and you should change it saying you will fill it in yourself, because you are entitled to. If they put words into your mouth even if they are friendly to you, could make it hard to get your claim passed

Good Luck

I don't think that there is anything suspicious in this, Whether the advisor is the most competent person to carry out the form filling is another matter.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: JJ, Chris77

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.