× Members

PIP Reconsideration turned down

More
7 years 5 months ago #172624 by stephensecker
PIP Reconsideration turned down was created by stephensecker
I learnt today that my reconsideration request for my PIP application has been upheld and no points awarded, so I now have to appeal for a tribunal hearing. Extremely disappointed and angry as the way I had marked the application was 32 points and 12 so should have been award enhanced rates for both components. I am now going to see my GP and ask for a letter of support from him and hope that the appeal will be a success. I have studied the information you provide for PIP appeals and will use this in full. I suffer depression and anxiety issues as well as all my health issues so my mood is now extremely low... wish me success

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #172645 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Reconsideration turned down
Hi Stephen,

I'm sorry - but not surprised - that your MR did not find in your favour. It is unusual for it to do anything other than 'rubber stamp' the original decision.

I'm glad that you have already made use of our resources, please feel free to ask as many questions as you need.

Hopefully you will be able to return in future and tell us about the success of your appeal!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172833 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic PIP Reconsideration turned down
Hi Stephen

I suffer similar issue to yourself and have just completed an appeal.
The most important thing is to GET MEDICAL EVIDENCE to back up your claim.
In my case they know I suffer from Bipolar Disorder, but having a general letter did not work for me in my MR. So getting specific report dealing with the prescript ors or tick box
questions on the form.

Myself I made a copy of ALL the questions and possible answers in the prescript ors for mental and mobility. This meant that my mental health councillor can write a report dealing with all of the questions and answers. They will do it honestly and sure it will give you the points you need to show in a tribunal. The Tribunal know these are professionals and any report will be accurate so are likely to accept this over any white wash or Fog the DWP may put up.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT is the Moto. Thank Goodness for this site. I got a lot of useful information from the Downloadable guides on here, without this site and the moderators, would not have known where to turn.

You will be pleased to here the PIPS decisions decided in the claimants favour is MASSIVE but only your case matters to you. Sadly the cases that are more likely to fail are cases without the Medical Evidence that match the prescript or tick boxes because the claimant maybe has not found this website and does not realise that the system is made hard to grind the person down so they do not pay benefits to people who maybe nettled to it.

Best of Luck With Your APPEAL !

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.