× Members

Esa

More
7 years 5 months ago #172677 by Susan
Esa was created by Susan
I have been in esa support group for over 3 years, had a f2f recently and received call from dwp stating that I got nil points so was advised to claim jsa. I said that I can't as I am not fit for work and want reconsideration. I am also receiving Dla high rate for both mobility and care indefinite, would that mean that I should still be in esa support group or is that not taken into consideration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #172698 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa
Hi Susan and welcome to the forum. This link should help you find your way around Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that your ESA claim was refused :(

You will not be paid any ESA during the MR stage so, if you need money to live on, the only benefit open to you is JSA. Your own belief that you are unfit for work has been over-ruled by the ESA decision so you can apply with a clear conscience. Don't put many exclusions on what you could do at this stage. Once your claim is accepted you can then submit a new fitnote for up to 13 weeks and this should excuse you from any job seeking activities.

If you do not need the money in the short term you should continue to keep fitnotes up to date and put them to one side, then you can give them to DWP if this goes as far as appeal (your ESA can be restarted at the basic rate once DWP have been informed that the Tribunal Service has accepted your appeal).

It would be very helpful to get a copy of the assessor's report from DWP. It would be an ESA85 if you had a face2face assessment and an ESA85a otherwise.

Tjhe criteria under which you are being assessed and the MR process are explained in detail in our ESA guide, I suggest you have a good look at that and then come back with further questions

ESA claims and appeals

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow us to return with further questions or comments about your ESA without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.