× Members

Asked to sign capability for work form in hospital

More
7 years 5 months ago #172684 by Pip
I've had a diagnoses for 5 years (mental illness) and am currently in hospital.

Someone filled out a limited capability for work form and asked me to sign it.

I don't know why as this has never happened before.

She said if I don't sign it my money might stop so I signed it.

Is it to do with ESA/DLA/PIP

IM confused as I haven't received a letter from DWP saying I need to fill out a form!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172701 by Gordon
PIP

The Limited Capability for Work questionnaire is for ESA, as you are in hospital you are automatically determined to have Limited Capability for Work and there fore meet the criteria for the Work Related Activity Group.

Most hospitals have a welfare worker and it may be them who completed the form for you, however, they should have done a much better job of explaining what they were doing, a nurse should be able to ask the person to visit you again so that you can ask any questions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.