× Members

2 hours on the phone to dla pip , ooh angry

More
7 years 5 months ago #172714 by sha1971
this is just a rant really it has taken me two hours to dla pip back and forth on phone just to find out when my last dla payment stops and pip payment starts and im still in the dark about some of it , either they are being difficult out of pure spite or really no one at dwp has access to payment screen, finally a partcularlly nasty man advisor after much huffing , told me my last payment from dla will be 8th nov which is covering period 12th oct -7th nov four weeks back dated , dla stops 22nd november ,pip starts 23rd , my next payment is 20th december i said thats six weeks in between the 8th of nov and 20th december can you tell if i will be getting a final payment of dla around 22nd nov he says dunno nothing on screen you just have to wait the six weeks wont you , i said i hope my bank details are correct he said he couldnt look at that information , out curiosity i said if something was wrong with my bank details and if i needed to speak to someone who do i ring , he told me it would of been my own fault if i gave them out incorrectly on making pip claim , it seems you have the one and only chance to get it right overwise no one can help you no one to ring to rectify your mistake, and put it right, never mind any difficults you might have being disabled i was shaking with fear when i made my claim over the phone so im sure again they do this out of spite and be difficult , he said you would have to speak to your case manager in writing if you think got your bank details wrong and tell them the correctbank details, i said whos my case manager he said dunno so i really hope my bank details are correct or im up the creek and wont know for sure until 20th dec and of course then i have to write to the case manager think i would have better luck addressing it to father christmas at dwp unicorn land wolverhampton , honestly they are a all complete load of twirty tit knobs and completely ruined that ive sucessfully transfered from dla to pip . :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172730 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 2 hours on the phone to dla pip , ooh angry
Shaz

Even with the best will in the world the payment of DLA and PIP when moving from to the other is confusing.

Your DLA should continue in payment for four weeks after the PIP Decision and then you PIP should take over.

DLA is normally paid four week weekly in arrears, however, some members are being paid one week in advance and three weekly in arrears.

PIP Is always paid four weekly in arrears. PIP can also result in a change in payment day which can also make it more difficult to work out what should be paid as part weeks are then involved.

As it can be so difficult to sort out what should be paid immediately before and after the transition, my best advice is to wait until you are receiving your PIP in full then you should be able to calculate what you should have received over the 12 or so weeks since your last full DLA payment against what you have received.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sha1971

More
7 years 5 months ago #172750 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic 2 hours on the phone to dla pip , ooh angry
Shaz, I'm sorry that this has been such a nightmare for you :angry:

May I just say that 'twirty tit knobs' made me laugh! :silly:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie, unBat412Fd, sha1971, TheHud

More
7 years 5 months ago #172763 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic 2 hours on the phone to dla pip , ooh angry
From now on they will be called Twirly Tit Knobs or TTK ;) Made me laugh too and we all need a giggle :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie, sha1971

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.