× Members

Can you get a letter from a psychiatrist instead

• ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #172728 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Can you get a letter from a psychiatrist instead was created by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Hi all, as the title suggests, most members ask for a note from their GP for a home visit I can most likely get one from them, but I was wondering if I get one from a consumption consultant psychiatrist as well or from both.

Basically I can't cope with the outside world. Would both be more helpful or will they only take one from a GP. They will both support me..

I have my esa85a and they state on that ( deterioration in function noted ) and getting worse.

Thanks.

Just getting prepared for the storm.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172741 by Gordon

GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGoverment wrote: Hi all, as the title suggests, most members ask for a note from their GP for a home visit I can most likely get one from them, but I was wondering if I get one from a consumption consultant psychiatrist as well or from both.

Basically I can't cope with the outside world. Would both be more helpful or will they only take one from a GP. They will both support me..

I have my esa85a and they state on that ( deterioration in function noted ) and getting worse.

Thanks.

There should be no problem with this providing they explain in reasonable detail why you cannot attend at the Assessment Providers offices, the only reason we talk about the GP doing this is that most claimants have limited access to Consultant and Psychiatrists and almost never in a timely manner.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #172762 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Can you get a letter from a psychiatrist instead

Gordon wrote:

GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGoverment wrote: Hi all, as the title suggests, most members ask for a note from their GP for a home visit I can most likely get one from them, but I was wondering if I get one from a consumption consultant psychiatrist as well or from both.

Thanks.

There should be no problem with this providing they explain in reasonable detail why you cannot attend at the Assessment Providers offices, the only reason we talk about the GP doing this is that most claimants have limited access to Consultant and Psychiatrists and almost never in a timely manner.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon I can get the information from my Pyschiatrist and GP. I see them or speak to them once a month. I have so much support from them for various reasons.

My ESA 85a also does state deterioration in functioning noted and states unlikely to return to work in the longer term, do you this will help sending in with the forms when I receive them.

Thanks again

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172780 by Chris77
Hello

Yes we are fed up with the mess thats been created by these benefits.

The good news for you is that getting medical evidence from psychiatrists will help.
I had a psychiatrist letter which spoke in general terms, but that did not seem to help.
Have now got my mental health worker to write a more detailed report going through everything on the pips form so its relevant to each prescriptor.

When getting this information its important to match your own condition to specific prescript ors boxes to show you get the qualified points, otherwise it will not help your claim. So when you ask for the help you need to point them to the prescriptor tick box that applies to you. Then the medical evidence you have provided will prove the tick box and points. You should download or become a member to download the POINTS SCORING system so you know what your scoring and get the right points for each tick box.

It will make your life easier to get it right first time and I think most of getting it right is to get the medical evidence and prove the tick boxes. I made the mistake of not sending initial evidence with my forms and its become a nightmare and having to relearn everything for an appeal.
Grateful to the moderators and others on here for the help I have got, which is why i reply to other posts like yourself.

GOOD LUCK

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.