× Members

ESA Medical Assesment

More
7 years 5 months ago #172746 by Ric
ESA Medical Assesment was created by Ric
ESA Medical Assesment was carried out by a 'Registered Nurse' Health Care Pfofessional.

However when checking on the Nursing and Midwifery Council website he is not registered with them.

They confirmed over the phone that they have no one on their records of that name.

Do the HCP's use an alias ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #172747 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Medical Assesment
Hi Ric and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The HCP is supposed to give their name and designation when asked. In addition to this, it should appear on the assessor's report.

I cannot understand why the HCP's name is not on the appropriate register. Perhaps your MP would like to hear about this

Contacting your MP

If you have further questions please reply to this message (rather than starting a new topic) and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172768 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic ESA Medical Assesment
If it is a female, quite often their names are in their single name for when they qualified and then they got married. All profs keep the name on the register the same as on the paperwork, however work under their married name.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 5 months ago #172771 by Ric
Replied by Ric on topic ESA Medical Assesment
Hi, thanks.

Yes the HCP gave his name, all he said was he was the functional assessor, asked him to write his name and qualification down for me, but all he did was wave his Maximus ID card at me.

It is the same as the name on the ESA85. The ESA85 states Registered Nurse.

The NMC have no record of him. They did say if he is not registered with them he would not be permitted to carry out a medical assessment in the UK under the qualification of being a registered nurse.

He is not listed on any other UK Medical body register either.

Will take this up with my MP.

Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.