× Members

Child Adlai to pip

More
7 years 5 months ago #172779 by emma
Child Adlai to pip was created by emma
Hi everyone,
I've been a member on and off for sometime and always use the guides to help me, would like to thank everyone who puts hard work into this site.
Anyway my daughter has just turned 16 and I'm in the process of filling in pip forms :S she was diagnosed adhd when she was 6 but now suffers with depression and self harm, I'm greatly concerned about the pip medical as this is going to cause such stress and will ultimately lead to harming, panic attacks etc
I was wondering if anyone has gone through similar with their child and if I can take her camhs worker along?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172798 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Child Adlai to pip

emma wrote: Hi everyone,
I've been a member on and off for sometime and always use the guides to help me, would like to thank everyone who puts hard work into this site.
Anyway my daughter has just turned 16 and I'm in the process of filling in pip forms :S she was diagnosed adhd when she was 6 but now suffers with depression and self harm, I'm greatly concerned about the pip medical as this is going to cause such stress and will ultimately lead to harming, panic attacks etc
I was wondering if anyone has gone through similar with their child and if I can take her camhs worker along?

You can try and get a home assessment, this will require your GP to write a letter explaining why she cannot attend at the Assessment Providers offices.

It shouldn't be a problem having CAMHS worker attend the assessment, but it it would be worth warning the AP in advance to ensure that there is issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172815 by emma
Replied by emma on topic Child Dla to pip
Thank you for your reply Gordon, I'm awaiting a report from camhs regarding her current issues and think I'll ask her gp to write a letter requesting a home visit although I'm not sure she'll be any better at home! Just getting her to see her consultant whom she knows very well is a battle.Her camhs worker is seeing her every week at the moment and is more than happy to be present at the assessment I suppose I just need to decide which will cause less stress and anxiety.
Many thanks. :)

More
7 years 5 months ago #172817 by emma
Replied by emma on topic Child Adlai to pip
Should say Dla to pip! Not sure how I messed that up :dry:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.