× Members

Tribunal next week

More
7 years 6 months ago #172823 by Jackie2525
Tribunal next week was created by Jackie2525
I have my tribunal next week after waiting nearly a year,my husband is my rep and has put togeter a robust defence.We lost our mobility car back in march and aside from one day a week are housebound.My assessment was full of lies and omissions,these were compounded by the dwp who themselves made errors,and actual written inaccuricies in their responses.It all boils down to this,I was sked by HP "can yu plan and follow a journey unaided"?I thought he said "aided"and replied "yes with my husband" The dwp have säid that i contradicted myself i did not simply misheard the hp and gave a honest answer,hwever only awarded 0points for the descriptor instead of 4 points (needs prompting) any advice pls

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #172838 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Tribunal next week
Hi Jackie and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The good news is that the tribunal service will give less weight to the assessor's report, they will want you to tell them about your limitations.

Did you use our guides when completing the form (I assume we are talking about PIP as you refer to losing your car)? If not, I suggest you sit down and look at the criteria against which you are being measured. Some of them have more than one element and you must satisfy each part in order to score the points

PIP help for claimants

In addition, you might find the following links helpful

Preparing for a Tribunal

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=87354

This video explains what happens at ESA appeals. The process is very similar for PIP, the only real difference being that there will be 3 people on the Tribunal panel whereas there are only 2 for ESA.

May I suggest that you favourite/bookmark this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your appeal without having to start a new topic each time.It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackie2525

More
7 years 6 months ago #172865 by Jackie2525
Replied by Jackie2525 on topic Tribunal next week
Yes it is for pip.and I have used your fantastic website to make a robust case for myself so thank you for all that you do
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

More
7 years 6 months ago #173045 by alison
Replied by alison on topic Tribunal next week
hi ,
ive also got my pip tribunal tommorow , am terrified of going , not sure if uve already been to yours ,,if so hope it was succesfull,. .. but good luck if you havnt been yet ,hope its a good result for you ,.
alison,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackie2525

More
7 years 6 months ago #173152 by Jackie2525
Replied by Jackie2525 on topic Tribunal next week
hi Alison,thank you for your best wishes,tribunal is friday,hope yours went well,i am sligĥtly confident coz i have a strong case,but DWP are sneaky as youprobäbly know,but at least tribunal should be fair and impartial x

More
7 years 6 months ago #173356 by alison
Replied by alison on topic Tribunal next week
hi jackie,
had appeal and i was awarded standard daily and mobility , ime over the moon ,relieved thats over with now , wish you all the luck when you go ,, hope it a good result for you also,.
all the best ,
alison,x

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.