× Members

Thank you

More
7 years 5 months ago #172860 by mistynow
Thank you was created by mistynow
My Pip invitation arrived at the beginning of September after being on DLA high care and mobility since 1994 I felt nervous.
Completed forms and returned to DWP when much to my surprise Atos booked a 'home assessment 'for the 10th October. I had not asked for a home visit as claim purely on physical disability just said on the form I needed access for my powerchair to any assesment centre.
Atos assessor was on time very pleasant and polite plus had read all the evidence I had sent in,this was very apparent from the questions asked.and took the extra bits we wished to add to my claim which included my husbands assessment of carers needs carried out by the S.S.
The report was uploaded to the DWP on 13th october
Was gobsmacked when on 31st October we received a council tax letter which was a statement which listed myself as receiving Pip at enhanced rate for both Care and Mobility, our jaws hit the ground as I had not had a 'brown envelope' followed by the Pensions service sending a statement which when we phoned them they were able to tell us that I was transferring on 23rd November onto Pip
My brown envelope eventually arrived yesterday which confirmed everyrhing that everyone else appeared to know.

I would like to thank benefits and work for their guides plus dare I say the DWP and Atos have all been very pleasant and helpful. My award is ongoing until 2026 and they will contact me after 10th October that year to recheck my needs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172862 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Thank you
mistynow

That's terrific news, well done and thank you for your comments on the guides.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mistynow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.