× Members

Good News So Far - but still worried!

More
7 years 5 months ago #172883 by Petal
Hello,

My husband had his PIP assessment at home at the end of October.

I asked for and received a copy of the report which arrived this morning (it only took about 4 days!). I've added up the points and he seems to have well exceeded the criteria for enhanced both. But at the same time another envelope arrived from them asking whether my husband is in hospital and for details of other benefits (we get Housing Benefit and ESA).

Is this usual as I've had a read around and seen no mention of this request for further info, but did unfortunately come across a rare case of DWP totally overturning the assessor's assessment! :ohmy:

I'm a bit of a worrier so am already hoping nothing goes wrong at the last minute!

Any help much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172911 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Good News So Far - but still worried!
Petal

It's a little unusual for them ask this with a normal claim, we often see it with appeals, but it's usually a pre-cursor to payment so I wouldn't worry about it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.