× Members

PIP Change in condition

More
7 years 5 months ago #172886 by ChrisW13
PIP Change in condition was created by ChrisW13
Hi,

I recently rang DWP to let them know that my condition has worsened, and after taking a few details over the phone, the lady said she would send out the relevant forms for me to complete as I may be entitled to a higher rate (currently standard care, standard mobility).

I've been sent a brand new claim form, rather than a change of condition form - is this normal? Is it because my condition has got so much worse? Very confused!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172914 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Change in condition

ChrisW13 wrote: Hi,

I recently rang DWP to let them know that my condition has worsened, and after taking a few details over the phone, the lady said she would send out the relevant forms for me to complete as I may be entitled to a higher rate (currently standard care, standard mobility).

I've been sent a brand new claim form, rather than a change of condition form - is this normal? Is it because my condition has got so much worse? Very confused!

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm afraid I would expect your reporting a Change of Circumstances to result in a new PIP2.

This is a full reassessment of your claim, so you need to complete the PIP2 in detail on how you are now affected, not just the changes and send in supporting evidence as you can, even if it has been sent before.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172916 by ChrisW13
Replied by ChrisW13 on topic PIP Change in condition
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for that - was worried they'd sent out the wrong forms!

Best wishes,
Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.