× Members

What needs to be inDrs support letter for esa?

More
7 years 5 months ago #172891 by johng
I got a letter and ESA form to fill in,it asks me for a letter of support from my GP.
What should i be asking my GP to be writing in the support letter?
I usually have MIND to help fill in my forms but they don't have enough people to help at present.
I am due to see the citizens advice to help me with the esa form,i see my GP a few days before the citizens advice,can someone advise me about what should be in the support letter from my GP please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172931 by Gordon

johng wrote: I got a letter and ESA form to fill in,it asks me for a letter of support from my GP.
What should i be asking my GP to be writing in the support letter?
I usually have MIND to help fill in my forms but they don't have enough people to help at present.
I am due to see the citizens advice to help me with the esa form,i see my GP a few days before the citizens advice,can someone advise me about what should be in the support letter from my GP please?

Ideally you want your GP to explain how your conditions limit your ability to complete the ESA activities. One thing you can do is create a document with the ESA Descriptors listed without the their scores and ask them to tick which ones they think that you meet and to provide a brief explanation of why.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172971 by johng
Thank you Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.