× Members

PIP, no physical assessment done

More
7 years 5 months ago #172896 by Pimlico
PIP, no physical assessment done was created by Pimlico
Had the dreaded PIP assessment a week ago.
Was previously DLA full care and Mobility Allowance.
Have cardiac problems, two blocked arteries and one stent implanted, all in the last two years. Main problem is polio, spinal degenerative disease in four vertebrae. Diagnosed with Chronic Pain Syndrome as well as Post Polio Syndrome. Also suffer Exaggerated Startle Response which was quite evident during my PIP assessment. In addition numerous other problems.
Have over 13 items on my prescription. Including Oramorph and other pain killers.
Was quite surprised when the assessor said that she would not be asking me to do any physical tests, stretching and moving around.She did ask the Cognitive Tests which were a breeze, despite having had morphine during the home visit.
Should I be concerned that the physical/mobility tests were waived. I did not ask for them to be waived but thanked the assessor. ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172934 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP, no physical assessment done
Pimlico

Although all assessments follow a common basic structure it's down to the assessor on the day to decide what specific tests, if any, that they will perform. You can now request a copy of the report from the DWP office that is dealing with your PIP claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pimlico

More
6 years 6 months ago #198146 by Jayd
Replied by Jayd on topic PIP, no physical assessment done
Hi Pimlico.

I am interested to know whether you were successful with your transfer from DLA to PIP. I also have polio, PPS and other health issues and am currently awaiting a Tribunal date. Thanks.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198157 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP, no physical assessment done
Hi Jaddy,

I don't know whether members keep an eye on the forum unless they have something to say, so you might have to wait a while for answers.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jayd

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.