× Members

PIP Re-Assessment - ATOS Request for a Home Visit

More
7 years 5 months ago #172917 by Augustus
I am currently being re-assessed for PIP, and when I rang ATOS to ask whether I was going to be called in for a face2face interview, they said they were coming to me.
I said this was not possible for domestic reasons and they it changed over to a normal visit by the claimant,

I think this situation is unusual, so I am concerned, even worried they may draw negative conclusions about why I turned down a home visit. Do you think this is likely and that I should be prepared for questions about this?

Thank you

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #172938 by slugsta
Hi Augustus,

Isn't it typical that people who want/need a home assessment have to fight to get one, whereas you were given one without asking and don't want it?! :S

That you were offered a home appointment suggests that the assessor has accepted that you have a significant degree of impairment.It might be worth a brief explanation of why you would prefer not to have the assessor in your home but I wouldn't expect it to be of major significance.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172958 by Augustus
As ever Mrs H, thank you for your advice.

But just to be sure, should I prepare some kind of brief explanation in writing, and hand it to the HCP at the interview? Is that a good idea?

A

More
7 years 5 months ago #172960 by slugsta
You can do that if you wish, I can't see that it would do any harm.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.