× Members

Success but no time scale

More
7 years 5 months ago #172939 by Habbiner
Success but no time scale was created by Habbiner
First of all, thank you to this wonderful website for all the detailed information provided to help with claims. After beginning the ESA process in March, having a 'medical assessment' at the beginning of October, I have, today, received notification that I have been awarded ESA WRAG. Its not ideal but its what I expected.

Two quick questions. On the letter, there is no time limit mentioned as to when I am likely to be reassessed. Should I have been provided with this information?

Secondly, I would be interested to see how many points I scored and how the decision was made to award me with ESA. I do not wish to appeal the decision, simply find out more information as it could prove useful at a later date. Would it be 'frowned upon' to ask for such information and what do I need to request?

Many thanks for anyone who takes the time to read my post and reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172949 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Success but no time scale
Habbiner

First of all congratulations on the award, well done.

ESA awards are indefinite with regular reassessment, if you ring or write to the DWP office that deals with your claim they should be able to tell you when you will be reassessed, you can also request a copy of the assessment report, it will be an ESA85 if you had a face to face and an ESA85A if you did not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Habbiner

More
7 years 5 months ago #172962 by Habbiner
Replied by Habbiner on topic Success but no time scale
Many thanks Gordon. I shall write and ask for the relevant information.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172966 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic Success but no time scale
If you think you should be in the Support group as you have serious issues then you can appeal the decision. I did an appeal, did not have to go anywhere and just got a letter saying the decision was over turned on appeal. Was very easy..........

Depends on your situation, but there maybe repercussions from been in the Work Group later as in parliament they are considering whether people should in the Work Group should do work activity. Also I am not sure whether there is a time you can stay on this benefit.

Gordon is the best person to ask. I just know a friend who did not appeal at the same time as me and after a year his money stopped after a year and he had to claim JSA. Now this may not be the case now but I think its worth considering and Gordon will know the
exact situation as it stands today.

Not trying to over complicate it, but only you know heather you are fit enough to go back to work at some point. Only replied as I did not want you to get nasty surprises later.

Well Done on Getting your award

Good Luck Kind Regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.