× Members

Suicide and PIP

More
7 years 5 months ago #172998 by Bryando
Suicide and PIP was created by Bryando
Hi,

Is there certain rules for people with suicide attempts in their recent medical history whilst applying for PIP?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #173009 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Suicide and PIP

Charlie123 wrote: Hi,

Is there certain rules for people with suicide attempts in their recent medical history whilst applying for PIP?
Thanks.

Both the DWP and Assessment Providers have procedures for managing claimants with a history of self-harm or suicide, however, PIP itself does not take these issues into account in regard to an award, this is different from DLA where a general requirement for care to prevent harm to the claimant could result in an award.

There are references in the PIP Assessment Guide to these procedures, see the Members Only area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bryando, Chris77

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #173031 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic Suicide and PIP
Cipolar

I'm not going to allow your post. I realise you are trying to help Charlie123 but I do not believe your post does this especially as they have not yet been invited to claim PIP.

Gordon

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.