× Members

Do DWP contact medical professionals?

More
7 years 5 months ago #173016 by Matthew
Do DWP contact medical professionals? was created by Matthew
Hi, I'm new. I've picked up lots of useful advice so far. One thing I'm not clear about, though, is if the DWP and assessors get any info from my docs etc or if I should try and get something myself?

I could pop in tomorrow and try and get something printed off. Surely that will help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #173017 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Do DWP contact medical professionals?
Hi Matthew and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It is unusual for DWP or the assessors to contact the claimants medics. For this reason, we suggest submitting whatever supporting evidence you can rather than taking a chance. The more the doctor's letter relates to the specific descriptors for the benefit in question, the better.

If you are not clear about these descriptors, they can be found in our members' guides

PIP help for claimants

ESA claims and appeals

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your claim without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it helpful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.