× Members

ATOS PIP Assessment

More
7 years 6 months ago #173060 by Devon
ATOS PIP Assessment was created by Devon
Hi, I need help please...I have an assessment this week and are very ...yes..."scared"...I have complex mental health issues and mobility issues...
I keep reading horror stories...but I also have been reading the information on this Benefits and Work site....which have helped, but, I really don't understand much of it...can anyone help...please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #173080 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ATOS PIP Assessment
Hi Devon and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry you are so worried about this :(

Our PIP guide explains what to expect at the face2face assessment

PIP help for claimants

It is human nature to complain more when we are unhappy than to complement when we are happy. This is why fora such as this hear so many horror stories. Despite this, there are many more people who have been treated fairly and received the result they believe they deserve.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Devon

More
7 years 6 months ago #173148 by Stewart stewart
Replied by Stewart stewart on topic ATOS PIP Assessment
donnt worry ,i am the same as you. i,m just taking death breaths and reading as asdvised good luck.i have recently just handed back in a questionerre to maxus,and sit with my stomach churning waiting on the white envelope. you never know with circumstances not changed since dec1015 i hope to stay in the support group.........this site is helping me but very confusing also to me,

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #173164 by Marie
Replied by Marie on topic ATOS PIP Assessment
Marie

I am terribly sorry but I appear to have overwritten your post in trying to answer it.

Gordon
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 6 months ago #173167 by Marie
Replied by Marie on topic ATOS PIP Assessment

Stewart stewart wrote: donnt worry ,i am the same as you. i,m just taking death breaths and reading as asdvised good luck.i have recently just handed back in a questionerre to maxus,and sit with my stomach churning waiting on the white envelope. you never know with circumstances not changed since dec1015 i hope to stay in the support group.........this site is helping me but very confusing also to me,

Circumstances hasn't change doesn't mean you won't receive the same benefit if you have started as severe which sound like you are because you are in the support group.

If you are the same then you should receive the same and be kept in the support group. It's all would depends how you answer your questions and beware of how the assessor ask you questions make sure he/she doesn't answer the questions before you could answer them yourself that is why there are plenty horror stories.

According to the PIP Assessment Guide, Assessor should take their time to speak to claimants and also to calm claimants down and not make them feel scare, nervous or intimidated in anyway.

Only you who can take control of your assessment ironically, assessor can be as nervous as claimant if the boot are on the other foot trust me I know from experience.

hope this helps

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris