× Members

PIP 1 phone call dirty tricks

More
7 years 7 months ago #173462 by Maggie
PIP 1 phone call dirty tricks was created by Maggie
Hello,
Just been reading queries about PIP1 application. Well DWP refused to send form out even for severe MH & Mental Capacity issues. Told someone else could phone & give straightforward name address,bank details etc. easy. Do not get sucked in! Question about hospitalisation for MH is NOT to give extra tlc- it is claimant requires "additional support" TO COMPLY.
You are required to speak & agree to some lengthy legal declaration which I have no idea about.

IF YOU ARE MH GET SUPPORT WORKER TO WRITE IN & SAY YOU CAN'T USE PHONE SAFELY & THEN GET HER TO PHONE & INSIST: ASK FOR SUPERVISOR.

I have now discovered,(I wasn't compis mentis during the phone call as I was howling in terror & subsequent such severe panic attack,breathing probs,chest pain,dissociation I truly believed I was about to die-how could I speak or understand anything?):
ESA PAYMENT STOPPED by the ' little girl' on the phone. Apparently she had also asked questions about travelling & journeys which I find sinister.(Mobility ques). I live in a rural area & have to travel to appointments regularly.Also she picked up on an error with someone's surname. I think they are enjoying torturing people. RECORD THE PHONE CALL. GET THE NAME. RECORD THE ASSESSMENT. GET THE ASSESSORS QUALIFICATIONS.

I'd gone straight from ESA reassessment to PIP with a bereavement in the middle. No letter of course or right to appeal. Support group isn't meant to be sanctioned(yet!).
I've just about managed to send the main PIP form in with alot of help,got a 3 week extension which is weird. Sorted out ESA money,they said I'd moved house! I'm waiting for the housing benefit to be stopped if DWP have told them I've moved house.I haven't.

Tried my MP as vulnerable due to bereavement, planned medical treatment, asked for deferment. "You will be given additional support TO COMPLY."
Resistance is futile we're facing the stazi.

I am beyond exhaustion, even my very supportive GP has cracked up under the strain of 6 months hounding & impossible time limits.I can't ask him for any more help. I just simply can't go on. Why fight on when there is worse to come in the green paper. Euthanasia would be kinder- I wouldn't put a dog through this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173479 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 1 phone call dirty tricks
Susie

You say your ESA has been stopped, is this correct?

Have you been reassessed?

Have you received a Decision Letter explaining why the Decision has been made?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #173490 by Maggie
Replied by Maggie on topic PIP 1 phone call dirty tricks
Hello Gordon
Thanks so much for answering, I'm very close to giving up. ESA was reassessed, Support Group again, letter 30 August with correct address on. Money went in bank Sept. PIP transfer coincided: PIP1 phone call 21st Sept. ESA money stopped 22nd Sept.

Didn't notice no money until bank statement arrived 7th Nov due to severe deterioration in my MH self harm, weekly script, crisis etc etc. PIP form in 11th Nov. There was no letter to say ESA suspended.
Age UK phoned up ESA to say no I hadn't moved & the address was correct. I'm trying to muster the courage to write to Housing Benefit to confirm I haven't moved to ensure that isn't stopped.
Sadly I've got nothing left inside I'm drained & so is my GP.

Just wanted to warn people that additional support status is far from it.
Thanks for all your hard work.
Susie

More
7 years 7 months ago #173492 by Gordon
Susie

Are you saying that your ESA was suspended because the DWP thought you had moved without notifying them? Are Age UK pursuing this matter for you?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #173498 by Maggie
Replied by Maggie on topic PIP 1 phone call dirty tricks
Dear Gordon,
Thanks. Yes the DWP call handler suspended the ESA due to moving house, although the claim was for PIP. IFrom what the MIND lady (who did PIP 1 for me), said about the questions it appears that the ESA claim was being referred to as I'd made a silly mistake with someone's surname (only 15 days to complete the form, with your advice, no time to get it checked alas).

The Age UK lady said to contact her if the money hadn't been put in, but it's a month wait for an appointment. I am terrified of aggravating DWP in any way: a request for a reasonable adjustment due to Equality Act & deferment due to bereavement & planned medical treatment, appears to have triggered intense scrutiny & reprisals.
All effort is to avoid F2F. GP has sent comprehensive 7 page medical report, if they ever read it.
Thanks Susie

More
7 years 7 months ago #173548 by Gordon
Susie

Surely you can phone Age UK rather than waiting for an appointment.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.