× Members

Severe disability premium and pip

More
7 years 7 months ago #173482 by Kerdan2006
Severe disability premium and pip was created by Kerdan2006
Just had my pip assesment , wondered if I'd qualify for the severe disability premium if my application is successful ? I'm a single mum , I'm the only adult in the house with 2 children .im currently not working , not claiming anything else but child tax credits .
Is it paid for daily living enhanced or standard ?
I've tried calculators but getting a bit bamboozled ,many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173487 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Severe disability premium and pip

Kerdan2006 wrote: Just had my pip assesment , wondered if I'd qualify for the severe disability premium if my application is successful ? I'm a single mum , I'm the only adult in the house with 2 children .im currently not working , not claiming anything else but child tax credits .
Is it paid for daily living enhanced or standard ?
I've tried calculators but getting a bit bamboozled ,many thanks

There are two requirement, first;

you need to have an award of PIP Daily Living, be living alone or considered to be living alone and no one claims Carers Allowance for you.

Secondly, to enable payment you need to be receiving an Income Related benefit such as Income Support, if you are not receiving a suitable benefit then the SDP cannot be paid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #173489 by Kerdan2006
Replied by Kerdan2006 on topic Severe disability premium and pip
Is esa a suitable benefit ? Does it have to be support group ?

More
7 years 7 months ago #173491 by Gordon

Kerdan2006 wrote: Is esa a suitable benefit ? Does it have to be support group ?

It doesn't have to be Support Group but it does need to be Income Related ESA. If you are receiving Contribution Based ESA then you might qualify for an ESA(IR) top-up. ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours (for completeness) that a partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerdan2006

More
7 years 7 months ago #173495 by Kerdan2006
Replied by Kerdan2006 on topic Severe disability premium and pip
I'm in the assesment phase for income related esa , no face to face as yet .No assets and no work
Does the pip daily living award have to be enhanced or just standard ? How do I apply for the premium ?

More
7 years 7 months ago #173496 by Gordon

Kerdan2006 wrote: I'm in the assesment phase for income related esa , no face to face as yet .No assets and no work
Does the pip daily living award have to be enhanced or just standard ? How do I apply for the premium ?

You just need a Daily Living award, it doesn't matter if it Standard or Enhanced.

If you receive a suitable PIP award contact the DWP office dealing with your PIP claim and ask for an IS10 form to be sent.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerdan2006

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.