× Members

Permitted Work - Payment over threshold question.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173542 by JediCP
Theoretically, when an ESA claimant is undertaking permitted work, if they are overpaid by 1p over the permitted work limit - the ESA claim stops right there and then.

Under the ESA linking rules, would they be able to restart a claim and link it to the old one if this were to happen?

I'm considering doing permitted work, but I'm concerned that one day I may be overpaid slightly and then loose my contributions based claim?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Summerlands

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173571 by Gordon

JediCP wrote: Theoretically, when an ESA claimant is undertaking permitted work, if they are overpaid by 1p over the permitted work limit - the ESA claim stops right there and then.

Under the ESA linking rules, would they be able to restart a claim and link it to the old one if this were to happen?

I'm considering doing permitted work, but I'm concerned that one day I may be overpaid slightly and then loose my contributions based claim?

One penny or one minute over the limits will result in the ESA Claim being closed, you can make a rapid reclaim under the Linking Rules but would lose at least a week's ESA depending on how long you were outside the PW rules.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Summerlands

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.