× Members

capita help please

More
7 years 7 months ago #173579 by Tim
capita help please was created by Tim
Hi please could some one give me some advice . I'm fuming at the minute . I was due for a face to face today at my home at 9.15 at 10.30 nobody had arrived so I phone capita only to be told that I did not attend, I'm in my own home with my wife who was looking out of the upstairs window since 9 am. They informed me that the HP had supposedly knocked my door twice and described my house (3 windows, blue door, grab rail). The irony is we saw her pass the house 3 times looking at my address and at no time did she leave her vehicle . The arrogant person on the phone was adamant that it goes down as me not attending and being sent back to DWP. I got pretty angry as he just kept telling me that I was not at home. I'm so ill with multiple health conditions and this has just blown my mind. I've been waiting since September had no sleep last night and now I don't know what to do. We know for a fact that she did not knock but have no way to prove it. I was able to describe her vehicle and the fact she had her hair up in a pony tale. Like I said she's driven past slowly 3 times. I could not get across to them why would I delay the process any longer or lie about the fact she didn't knock. Please could someone advice what to do. He's told be my claim has been sent back to DWP and capita can't do any more for me .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173600 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic capita help please
Tim

First of all make a formal complaint to the Assessment Provider

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/after_your_Consultation

www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

Contact the DWP office dealing with your claim and inform them of what happened.

Contact your MP and ask them to intervene on your behalf.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim

More
7 years 7 months ago #173603 by Liam
Replied by Liam on topic capita help please
Beggars belief Tim.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173639 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic capita help please
Hi thanks for your reply's . Spoke to someone again this afternoon and they are not excepting my version and told me she has told them I did not answer the door. Even if I supposedly did not answer the door should she not leave me a note through the door or try to ring me knowing I'm bedbound? It's really upset me I'm a typical bloke who would prefer to hide my feelings but this actually made me cry. Something I haven't done since my father passed. My self and my wife are just in disbelief that this can happen. And then the best thing is they won't give me her name and informed me that she is sub-contracted? I was gob smacked ! If I lied on any of the forms I'd be in trouble yet she's able to just have the ultimate say. Go figure ? Thanks again for your support !!

More
7 years 7 months ago #173656 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic capita help please
Tim

Because Capita are such a bad reputation business working for the DWP I think you need to contact your MP

It does not matter which party your MP is from, the things that people have reported on here is that MPs are quite good for getting things moving when there is an impasse. Clearly this is a ridiculous situation.

MPs are obliged to you to hep you when you have been treated wrongly by a government agency or service and they work for the DWP. When i spoken to MPs they said they have a staff in their offices that deal with all these things.

I would also cover yourself by ringing the DWP and telling them about the matter and then put it in writing to the DWP and send recorded delivery.

It is a disgrace whats happening, we are all having a terrible time. When I have spoken to Tory MPs who know that the system has failed, they are telling me that people need to write to their MP because then they will realise the problem is Huge and not isolated cases.You can find your MP easily here and you can email them in the commons

parliament.uk

More
7 years 7 months ago #173694 by alison
Replied by alison on topic capita help please
hi .
would just like to add ,,i tried several times to contact MP,and i didnt get one response or even a reply from them in my area disgracfull considering there in your face knocking your doors when they want a vote off you ,!!! not saying all are the same but my experiance was negative ,, i would write a letter of complaint to capita ,and also to the dwp, keep copies for yourself and send recorded , it sickens me hpw ill ,vulnerable people are being treated in this country its shamefull ,,!! , i can imagine how upset you must be feeling and let down , its stressfull enough the waiting for a assesment the time it takes to come through and for them to blatently get away with saying they knocked door and you didnt answer is disgusting !!,, hope you dont have to wait too long now for another appointment as i know how mentaly draining all this process is for you ,
warm wishes ,
alison,

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.