× Members

ESA assessment

More
7 years 4 months ago #175626 by Ger
ESA assessment was created by Ger
Hello

My partner has her ESA assessment this Friday and we are both worried about it as her last one was such a disaster (lies from ATOS worker caused failing it but later won at tribunal). I have just subscribed to see if there is any guides to fully prepare her with her answers to the assessor at the assessment. Im not very good at navigating this site so could someone please link me some guides she should read?

Is things still as bad as they where with ATOS now that Maximus is running things or is it pretty much the same? at her last assessment she couldnt complete the medical from the pain she was in but the assessor said she could do everything no problem and didnt mention he had to stop because he was causing her pain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #175669 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA assessment
CIDM

There's a section at the back of the ESA Claim guides that covers the assessment and the questions that she is likely to be asked, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

It's difficult to offer an opinion on whether Maximus is better than ATOS as we only have the comments on the forum to go by and these are significantly biased against the Assessment Provider whoever the company might be. My impression Is that Maximus is a much more professional organisation, however, many of their assessors previously worked for ATOS.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 4 months ago #176145 by Ger
Replied by Ger on topic ESA assessment
Thanks for the feedback, going over the ESA guide on the site and in the assessment section there is a question asking "Would you like to go back to work?"
Is this a trap question? she is afraid if she says yes it will be held against her that she would think she is capable of work.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176169 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA assessment

Cidm wrote: Thanks for the feedback, going over the ESA guide on the site and in the assessment section there is a question asking "Would you like to go back to work?"
Is this a trap question? she is afraid if she says yes it will be held against her that she would think she is capable of work.

It is and it isn't, I think you would more likely be penalised, I use that word very loosely because I would not expect it to have any real impact, if you said "no" rather than "yes", but that's just my opinion.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.