× Members

what benifit should i be on?

More
7 years 10 months ago #176372 by marcus
what benifit should i be on? was created by marcus
Hi im on esa work related group for past 4 years now due to anxity and panick disorder as well as alcholesesam witch i now am soba for 3.5 yrs.have moved a few times and last time i see an adviser was around 2years ago it seems like they have forgot about me. i have now found out i have C.R.P.S and have had it for over 7years .am i on the correct benifit?or shoulkd i talk to them and tell them of my condition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #176415 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic what benifit should i be on?
Hi Marcus and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If you are in the WRAG and feel that you now meet Support Group descriptors,. you can notify DWP of a Change in Circumstances. This would most likely result in a full reassessment of your claim, including another ESA50 form and possibly a face to face assessment.

Qualifying for the Support Group

ESA claims and appeals

I must make it clear that the onus would be entirely on you to prove that your condition has deteriorated since your last assessment.

Failing that, all ESA claimants should expect to be reassessed at intervals. If it is more than 2 years since your last reassessment, it is likely that another one will be due soon anyway. You can contact DWP and ask for the 'prognosis' if you wish to be sure.

In addition to this, if you suffer from long term care and/or mobility needs as a result of your problems then you might be entitled to PIP (I'm assuming you are under the age of 65 as you are on ESA!). You need to have had these problems for at least 3 months already and they must be expected to continue for a further 9 months.

Have a look at the PIP guide, score yourself harshly on the self-assessment and see whether you think you would qualify

PIP help for claimants

It is both possible and proper to be in receipt of both ESA and PIP, you do not have to chose between the two.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments without having to start a new topic each time. We ask members to keep everything relating to the same claim in one topic. It helps us enormously - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.