× Members

DLA to PIP query

More
7 years 1 month ago #188735 by TheDayToday
Replied by TheDayToday on topic DLA to PIP query
Thanks Gordon

I saw somebody at the disability information bureau face to face and we went through the PIP descriptors one by one and he believes I have a good case and I agree. Some of the descriptors were fine but some I should have scored more points. I also want to challenge the duration of award (2yrs) as I have a lifetime disability.

Since I made the phone call for MR I've been in deep depression, unable to complete what I intend to submit as further evidence (mostly me challenging their assumptions). It's due back imminently and I doubt I'll be able to do it properly on time.

Is it possible to get a time extension? Would that have any impact on the outcome?
Alternatively, if I make it brief would that negatively affect an appeal?

I'm pretty determined not to be beaten and to be awarded the appropriate points, but I'm physically and mentally drained. If I decide it would be detrimental to my health to continue the process can it be stopped before MR.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #188738 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP query
TheDayToday

When you made the call did you say that you would be providing more information? They should allow you four weeks to do this.

If you didn't then I would call them back and let them know.

Beyond this there is no way to extend the time the DWP take to complete an MR, they are required to process these as fast as they can, although the reality is that they rarely do.

Although a Tribunal panel will consider what you send in as part of your MR, providing minimal information will not have any significant effect on your appeal and you will have the opportunity to provide more detailed information.

Yes, you can cancel an MR or appeal at any time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDayToday

More
7 years 1 month ago #188745 by TheDayToday
The four weeks for submitting further information are nearly up.

I take it if I fail to submit anything, they will just do the reconsideration without my input.

Thanks Gordon.

More
7 years 1 month ago #188748 by Gordon
TheDayToday

I'm afraid so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #188750 by TheDayToday
Sorry to go on.. but I phoned to explain, and was given a 2 week deferral.

Asked and confirmed they would not look at the decision again before this time is up.

Any reason not to trust this?

More
7 years 1 month ago #188752 by Gordon

TheDayToday wrote: Sorry to go on.. but I phoned to explain, and was given a 2 week deferral.

Asked and confirmed they would not look at the decision again before this time is up.

Any reason not to trust this?

Make a note of the date and time of the call.

I'm very surprised that a further extension has been granted and I doubt that the person who gave it, had the authority to do so, but if you cannot get the info back in the original four weeks then you should make use of the extra weeks and see what happens.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDayToday

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.