× Members

Taxing car before you buy it. With 50% discount.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178668 by John Mac
How do I tax a car I am buying, I want to apply for 50% reduction as I get the standard rate mobility, but I will not have the money to pay and collect the car until later this week, so my problem will be I will have to send paperwork etc of when I have the money which will be the same day I can collect the car so the paperwork will be in the post so I cannot collect the car. Anyone had this problem ?.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178711 by Gordon

John Mac wrote: How do I tax a car I am buying, I want to apply for 50% reduction as I get the standard rate mobility, but I will not have the money to pay and collect the car until later this week, so my problem will be I will have to send paperwork etc of when I have the money which will be the same day I can collect the car so the paperwork will be in the post so I cannot collect the car. Anyone had this problem ?.

You can't drive the car away unless it is currently taxed, so once you have ownership then apply for the discount.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Mac

More
7 years 3 months ago #178792 by John Mac
Hello Gordon, rang Swansea and if you pay full tax then send V10 & V5 forms section 6 & 8 signed, keep section 10 to tax car, mot and letter from dwp stating standard award and put a cover letter in saying you have paid full tax they will refund half your tax back to you, and your paperwork, but ring up to confirm if your not sure , but at least you will be able to drive car straight away after buying it as it will be taxed..

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.