× Members

PIP award stopped

More
7 years 3 months ago #178761 by sue
PIP award stopped was created by sue
I have been in receipt of DLA/PIP for more than a decade due to mental health issues. I advised the DWP that my condition deteriorated due to a fall and they stopped my PIP a week before Christmas (2016). I have asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration, and was notified today (16.01.17) that their decision was upholding awarding me 0 points. I am so upset. The thought of fighting the DWP is exhausting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #178772 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP award stopped
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I am sorry you are going through this :(

It is unusual for a Mandatory Reconsideration to do anything other than uphold the initial decision. If you want to take this claim further, your next step would be to submit an appeal to the Tribunal Service. You have one month from the date of the decision letter for this to be received by the TS so you don't have to make any decisions straight away. If you do decide to appeal, you will need to download and send a SSCS1 form.

www.gov.uk/social-security-child-support...unal/appeal-tribunal

Our PIP guide explains the MR process and also the criteria against which you are being assessed.

You also have the option of re-applying straight away. This might be a particularly good idea if, having read our PIP guide, you feel you could have made a better job of explaining your limitations on the PIP2 form, or if your problems have worsened since the date of this decision.

PIP help for claimants

In fact, you can appeal and reapply. However, you should be aware that the new decision would supersede the appeal decision.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. We ask members to keep everything relating to the same claim in one topic as it helps us enormously - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sue

More
7 years 3 months ago #178813 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic PIP award stopped
Hi Sue

Like so many others Sue I realise what its like when you find out they have awarded you 0 points and that was the same as my own situation. Since getting more specific medical evidence fitting the prescript ors, tick boxes ,my latest points are 11 and 14 points.

Sorry you are having to go through this, but I replied to show you that others who were awarded 0 points have been successful in using the guides and appealing.

Good Luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pipp, sue

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.