× Members

Pip

More
7 years 3 months ago #179500 by Hayley
Pip was created by Hayley
Hi last year I went through the process of reapplying for my contribution based esa I had face to face assessment & remained in the support group , by the time my award came through I was a nervous wreck & quite poorly as I suffer from multiple sclerosis it took 6 months, I now have had the dreaded letter about my DLA ending & having to apply for PIP , I have heard that the government has said if you have already been through the face to face assessment & been put in support group that they are not making claiments go through another face to face assessment process for PIP but using the ESA doctors report & written evidence to make a decision on the PIP award , can you advise if this is true please !! I'm hoping so as really don't think I can go through all the worry again , look forward to any replies Many thanks Hayley x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #179523 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip
Hayley

We seen this comment several times and I am afraid it is incorrect.

Whether a face to face assessment is required will be determined by the Assessment Provider and whether they can make a recommendation on your claim or not, the report from your ESA claim may be able to help them do this, but you need to understand, even where there are areas of overlap between the two benefits, the actual criteria against which you are assessed can be quite different.

My best recommendation is that you read and use the PIP Claim guide to complete the PIP2 in as much detail as you can as this is the best way to avoid a F2F.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hayley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris