× Members

PIP renewal by telephone.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179807 by Searcher
PIP renewal by telephone. was created by Searcher
:woohoo: I've received DWP PIP renewal letter that says I can telephone for renewal. Has anyone tried this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179866 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal by telephone.

Searcher wrote: :woohoo: I've received DWP PIP renewal letter that says I can telephone for renewal. Has anyone tried this?

The DWPs renewal policy for PIP is less that clear, the majority of claimants are renewed one year in advance, most with an AR1 form but some with a PIP2, those not renewed at the year mark should be renewed some 20 weeks before their claim ends, it's more likely that a PIP2 will be used for these.

A small number of claimants appear to have to make a new claim from scratch and it's possible that you fall under this group.

Does the letter say "can" or "must" telephone to start a claim?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Searcher

More
7 years 2 months ago #180128 by Searcher
Replied by Searcher on topic PIP renewal by telephone.
The letter says 'to claim PIP again' and quotes an 0800 number twice. I've spoken to them & decided to use the posted form. But the lady did say that it was still a large form that indicates to me that I have to claim from scratch. Considering I went court and won last time it all seems to be madness. Will post with further news. Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.