× Members

re layout of pip2 responses 2 conditions

More
7 years 2 months ago #179979 by liddiaellen
re layout of pip2 responses 2 conditions was created by liddiaellen
Hi
I have mental health issues and also have a chronic pain condition(consultants term) yet exactly what undiagnosed.

I have suffered with mental health issues for many years primarily paranoia, anxiety and social phobias.

In the last 4 years but significantly in the last 2 I have had increasing mobility problems with chronic pain in all my arms, hands feet and legs as well as crushing around my torso and facial pain on one side.

I got PIP at appeal lower level on both sections this runs out in March and I am having to reapply and fill out a PIP2 which arrived in December.

I do find it painfull to type and more painfull to write but all of my conditions and history cannot really be explained better by sole person other than myself.

I have seen advise to type the answers to all the questions and just fill in the form as please see additional info, this for me would work as it can then be amended by my husband and an advisor. Iwould like to here opinions on this approach?

For each question I have split the answer into my two main issues so headiing mental health, and heading physical health
then under each of those we have sub headings issues faced, aids appliances and help needed,
Issues faced are just single words like depression, paranoia spacticity, fatigue
Aids appliances and help are electric openers or a companion to supervise,
Examples of problems faced then brings all these brief notes together with an anecdote of when i faced the issue and how i required the help and the effect that it had.

I do not know how else to deal with both physical and mental health conditions I would love any advise on what I am doing terrified I have got it wrong.

Becasuse of fatigueor pain I can only cook more than toast three times a week and go out to the garden about the same or shower no more than 3 times a week or type or hold a book for no more than 20 minutes 4 days a week.
A hospital appointment knocks me out for 4 days after when I can do nothing due to both physical pain and anxiety from leaving my home.
I cannot complete more than 1 -2 of these activities a day so in reality i manage far less than the maximum times listed above doing any one activity not sure how to explain this or dose it go in additioanl info at the end :unsure: please help ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179991 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic re layout of pip2 responses 2 conditions
liddiaellen

If your performing one activity impacts on your ability to perform others then you should mention this on your form and explain how, why and when this occurs.

Don't forget to make use of "reliably" and "on the majority of days" in your answers where appropriate.

You should also explain the effort you have had to make to complete the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: liddiaellen

More
7 years 2 months ago #180046 by smallboy
Replied by smallboy on topic re layout of pip2 responses 2 conditions
When asked at my pip interview, I stated that it took me four days filling the form due to,tiredness and fatigue this was duly noted plus I was unable to hold iPad or ereader for long 10 tom15 minutes max or hold open a news paper had to,lay on the floor or table to read.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180080 by liddiaellen
Replied by liddiaellen on topic re layout of pip2 responses 2 conditions
Thankyou
that made me smile to know others in same position and understand
Trying to type answers with tears running down my face and then next morning finding due to pain have typed incoherent drizzle and it still hurts and needs re doing is sole destroying.
started monday last week. couple hours a day took lots of pain meds friday to prep for taking beyond max saturday so i could work all day till it burned and done several hours a day every day since several laying down barely able to see as my sight blurs within 30 minutes as now so tired .

And yes i have a load of drivel typed up and tempted to hit delete and forget it.
This is the reality of PIP

More
7 years 2 months ago #180120 by Sully32
Replied by Sully32 on topic re layout of pip2 responses 2 conditions
Don't give up like you I have both mental and physical problems I know its hard and on times sole destroying good luck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.