× Members

Is PIP worth it?

More
7 years 2 months ago #180014 by Marie1994
Is PIP worth it? was created by Marie1994
Hi again,

So after my ESA support group success, I've been advised I am entitled to PIP (but I'm sure the DWP won't agree).

I had to take ESA to tribunal and although I'm short of money, is the stress of probably another tribunal worth it? Is PIP statistically harder to get?

For ESA I got 9 points for getting out the house, 6 for social engagement, and then support group via exceptional circumstances. I've noticed that the points I've got are also on the PIP form, just worded slightly different. Would it be easier to argue because they relate to the same issue?

I'm not sure if I'm making sense and I know no one has all the answers. Just needed to get it off my mind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180020 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Is PIP worth it?
Marie

I would recommend that you have a good read of the PIP Claim guide to see whether you can actually score the points necessary for an award of PIP. Although there are areas of overlap between the two benefits, both Going Out and Mixing with Other People are considered, the criteria are nonetheless different and scoring points for ESA does not mean that you will score points for PIP.

PIP has no equivalent of the ESA Substantial Risk Regulations.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.