× Members

pip assessment this week what else do I need

More
7 years 2 months ago #180030 by Russell Bowyer
pip assessment this week what else do I need was created by Russell Bowyer
Hi

I'm new on here so please go easy on me, I have my assessment on friday and need some help in terms of what information or what other info should I take.

I have had spinal problems for 24 years and was only given pip lower level in 2015, so I have a renewal process, in addition to this since then I have been diagnosed with another life condition called Addison's Disease in which its a very complicated but steroid medication and emergency injection kits are required at all times.

I also have to wear medical tags and have been registered with the blue light services in case I go into crisis mode.

I have got a list of all my meds, and will take them, and medical aids, ie, pill boxes inhalers BP/ pulse and glucose testers

Other walking aids

I have listed all my appointments down so they can see who I see and how often, what my symptoms and conditions are in terms of how it effects me and what I can and cannot do daily.

Letters from consultants, and professional services both mental health and others to show how I struggle on a daily basis.

My partner is also my carer because I cannot fend for myself at times, I forget meds, don't eat and due to brain fog and confusion I forget things very quickly and easily

So I have also a diary of symptoms and conditions as they can change daily, list of meds taken daily, BP pulse and Blood sugar levels, Sleep charts due to insomnia.

I have listed all my symptoms and also listed all the things I can't do daily which are really frustrating me.

I have taken the test and also printed this out to take along with some other guided docs.

I have also printed copies of emergency care plans for the new illness as it is life threatening if not treated quickly and also lists of GP instructions as I have to guide my GP weekly on what needs to be done !! - again this is due to the rarity of the condition and I think there are only around 10,000 cases in the UK Max, so I work with the Endocrinology departments.

Another problem is my mental health suffering from Anxiety disorder so I am already panicking about the meeting, I have a friend coming with me on the day to help get me there.

What other info do I need to take apart from ID I will sort that !! any help greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180049 by Gordon
R

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The most obvious thing that stands out and I want to assure you that this is not intended to be rude, is that you talk a lot about your conditions, symptoms and treatment, but not about the limitations that result from your conditions and how they affect your ability to complete the PIP activities. :)

It will be the problems that you have with these activities that the assessor will be interested in at the interview.

I would start by going through our PIP Claim guide to make sure that you fully understand the criteria against which you are being assessed, the guide also has a section at the back that covers the assessment process and the questions you are likely to be asked.

If you have questions on the above or anything else then reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.