× Members

Carers allowance and housing benefit

More
7 years 2 months ago #180060 by 0124katee
Carers allowance and housing benefit was created by 0124katee
My close friend and her husband are claiming housing benefit and council tax benefit , she is on a low income and had to leave part of her job as a cleaner due to ill health . She is 59 , her husband is older and he receives a standard state pension .

She has recently been told to apply for carers allowance for her father , which she has and they are in process of granting - she wonders if she should tell the local authority who give them full benefit now - and if do will they end up having to pay rent and council tax due to the £62.10 a week she is due to receive ?

Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #180062 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Carers allowance and housing benefit
Hi Katee,

I'm afraid we do not deal with HB or council tax benefit here. Members are welcome to comment from their own experience but I suggest your friend enter her details into a benefits calculator such as the one on 'turn2us' and see how the CA might affect her other benefits.

www.turn2us.org.uk/Find-Benefits-Grants

I have deleted your duplicate message so that all replies are kept in one place for you.

If you have further questions or comments about this, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0124katee

More
7 years 2 months ago #180064 by 0124katee
Replied by 0124katee on topic Carers allowance and housing benefit
I am sorry I duplicated it - for some reason I thought I hadn't sent it first time round - thanks for deleting it for me Mrs Hurtyback
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.