× Members

ESA Re Assessment

More
7 years 2 months ago #180078 by Heffy
ESA Re Assessment was created by Heffy
Hi. I'm due a Re-assessment by mid-August of my ESA. I was placed in the Support Group in August 2013 for 2 years but wasn't re-assessed in August 2015 due to the backlog at that time. I rang at that time and was told then I was in receipt of ESA until August 2017. How long before this can I expect the necessary form approximately and how long is the overall procedure taking from receipt and return of form through to assessment and eventual decision. I normally have a couple of weeks at a relatives who happens to live by the sea in the Summer as he looks after me and has all I need - stairlift, disabled facilities but I wouldn't want to put this before assessment nor be away at that time and wouldn't want DWP to assume if I told them that this is a holiday as its a break for the people who look after me at home. Thanks. Sorry if I am asking something that keeps cropping up in questions from others. Great work you all do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #180108 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Re Assessment
Hi Heffy,

ESA is actually an open-ended award and reassessments seem to have been all over the place for several years now - some people being reassessed dead on time and others going over by more than the anticipated 2 years.

So, you might actually not get the dreaded forms when you expect them anyway. However, if things do run to form, I would anticipate that you should see them around 12 weeks ahead of time.

You could contact DWP and ask again, but you might not get any more information than you currently have!

One thing you could do is make a start on the PDF version of the ESA50 so that it is ready to go when the letter does arrive.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Is there anyone who could go in and check your post while you are away and ring you if anything likely looking has arrived?

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your ESA without having to start a new topic each time. We ask members to keep everything relating to the same claim in one topic as it helps us enormously - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180112 by Heffy
Replied by Heffy on topic ESA Re Assessment
Thanks I could ask someone to check my post but its just the timing of the actual assessment if I have to have one as well as completing form. If the forms had been received and gone in how long before people are generally being called for face to face and how long before a decision is made. I know its difficult to say if there is still a delay.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180155 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Re Assessment

Heffy wrote: Thanks I could ask someone to check my post but its just the timing of the actual assessment if I have to have one as well as completing form. If the forms had been received and gone in how long before people are generally being called for face to face and how long before a decision is made. I know its difficult to say if there is still a delay.

I'm afraid it's impossible to say, in some areas assessment appointments will only take a couple of weeks, in some it's a couple of months and there are still some areas where there are considerable delays and it could easily be six months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heffy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.