× Members

Mental health and PIP mobility

More
7 years 2 months ago #180095 by WeeL
Mental health and PIP mobility was created by WeeL
I just received the newsletter and wanted to ask where I can find the judgement and the benefits and work downloadable submission. I'm trying to decide whether to reapply for mobility for my now 17 year old.

She moved (with difficulty) from DLA (middle rate care and low mobility) last year but was not awarded PIP mobility, only enhanced care on appeal. I didn't agree with the mobility part as she needs support to find her way about (gets lost easily) and and has school taxi transport arranged by the council as she can't cope on the school bus. Unless she is going to the local shop at the end of the road she needs someone with her all the time. I didn't want to challenge it at the time incase the decision was reversed back to no award. Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180140 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mental health and PIP mobility

WeeL wrote: I just received the newsletter and wanted to ask where I can find the judgement and the benefits and work downloadable submission. I'm trying to decide whether to reapply for mobility for my now 17 year old.

She moved (with difficulty) from DLA (middle rate care and low mobility) last year but was not awarded PIP mobility, only enhanced care on appeal. I didn't agree with the mobility part as she needs support to find her way about (gets lost easily) and and has school taxi transport arranged by the council as she can't cope on the school bus. Unless she is going to the local shop at the end of the road she needs someone with her all the time. I didn't want to challenge it at the time incase the decision was reversed back to no award. Any thoughts?

They are in the PIP Section of the Members Only area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.