× Members

Pip tribunal next

More
7 years 2 months ago #180417 by Jozzer
Pip tribunal next was created by Jozzer
Hi everyone this is my first post, hope I've done it correctly.
No change at recon stage so preparing for tribunal.
Frustrated beyond belief as some of the blatant lies in the atos report. My main two issues are walking I scored 10 points as they said I could walk 50 to 80. I arrived in a wheelchair. Told her I may need to rise as couldn't sit like this for long. That I could only sit side ways.leaning on arm of sofa to take pressure off back,I did rise and stand for 2-3 mins but had to sit down again due to pain in back shoulder hands. I have FM too. She reported even tho I made it clear I could not walk 20metres that because I stood I could walk 50-80 metres. I had my car taken off me that I had since 2011 and haven't been out on my own since. I just don't know how to deal with it. She also said if I could stand and hold 2 crutches I could walk the 50-80. She didn't listen to a thing I said... help me sort this out in my mind for the tribunal please, joz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180452 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip tribunal next
Jozzer

The assessor is offering an opinion based on their assessment of you and other claimants, I'm not in anyway suggesting that it is correct, but it can be very difficult to argue directly against.

Your best strategy is to go back to your PIP2 and the evidence attached and show why you cannot walk more than 20m just be aware that you use of a wheelchair will not be considered, the test is your ability to stand and move (walk), you must be able to do this reliably and on the majority of days.

An appeal panel will have much more open minds to the evidence in front of them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.