× Members

Aid or Appliance

More
7 years 2 months ago #182479 by Annie
Aid or Appliance was created by Annie
Hopefully not asked this question before. After assessment from occupational therapist the housing association have installed a wet room for me and my son and have recently installed a state of the art toilet that washes and dries, remote controlled. This is to help my son who has hemiparesis down right side (cannot feel anythingL). Is this an aid or appliance and will he score points on the PIP form from this. Change over letter has just arrived. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182500 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Aid or Appliance
Annie

You can certainly argue that it is but you must also explain the problems that he would have using a standard toilet. He won't score points for it being an aid unless it is accepted that he needs one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182523 by Annie
Replied by Annie on topic Aid or Appliance
Thank you Gordon. As he was having problems in that area, can't feel anything so difficult for him to keep clean the toilet has been a great boon for him and has given him his dignity back as has the shower room and seat. I would obviously have to explain why he cannot use a bath or normal toilet.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #185901 by Annie
Replied by Annie on topic Aid or Appliance
Had to ring DWP by 15/3/17 re change over from DLA to PIP. Initial call on the 9/03/17, still awaiting form to arrive. Rang DWP today, Yes form sent, was posted on 23/03/17, to be returned by the 9/04/17. I was under the impression that a client had a month to return the form give a few days either end for postage. This means i will only have 7 days to complete and return form, the 9 April is next Sunday so will have to post Wednesday to get there on the Friday. Can i ask for an extension? it does seems very unfair. Why is it taking over two weeks for the forms to be delivered?

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #185953 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Aid or Appliance

Annie wrote: Had to ring DWP by 15/3/17 re change over from DLA to PIP. Initial call on the 9/03/17, still awaiting form to arrive. Rang DWP today, Yes form sent, was posted on 23/03/17, to be returned by the 9/04/17. I was under the impression that a client had a month to return the form give a few days either end for postage. This means i will only have 7 days to complete and return form, the 9 April is next Sunday so will have to post Wednesday to get there on the Friday. Can i ask for an extension? it does seems very unfair. Why is it taking over two weeks for the forms to be delivered?

Yes you can request an extension to when you need to return the form.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #185964 by Dollytrigger
Replied by Dollytrigger on topic Aid or Appliance
I had exactly the same thing happen to me and i rang and got an extension for an extra 2 weeks. I am going to ring them back in a day or 2 to ask what the extended date deadline is. I know this already but i want to check its all on their computer when a different call advisor taps into my file. I explained i needed more time to fill it in and also get my doctors report and medical records. So the reason they added to my file was awaiting more evidence. Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.